Study in the U.S.

If you wish to pursue full-time academic or vocational studies in the United States, you may be eligible for one of two nonimmigrant student categories. The “F” category is for academic students and the “M” is for vocational students. If you wish to participate in an exchange program you may be eligible for the “J” category for exchange visitors.

(1) Students: Academic and Vocational (F and M Visas)

    1. F-1: Academic students
    2. F-2: Spouses and children of F-1
    3. F-3: Canadian or Mexican national academic commuter students
    4. M-1: Vocational students
    5. M-2: Spouses and children of M1
    6. M-3: Canadian or Mexican national vocational commuter students

(2) Exchange Visitors (J Visas)

  1. J-1: Exchange visitors
  2. J-2: Spouses and children of J-1
Source: USCIS

2013 © All Rights Reserved. Law Offices of Stephen H. Lee, PC
7700 Little River Turnpike, Suite 405, Annandale, VA 22003

Contact 703) 658-7007    Fax 703) 658-7001    email: